Australis has some Christmas gift ideas to help you with those last minute buys - some new, some that are always popular, some unusual, some mundane. Gifts for family and friends or treat youself.
- 2. Dry bags for phones or GPS for those who like to be on the water but still want technology at their fingertips. The Floating Phone Case allows you to use your phone while keeping it safe and the The Water Wallet keeps all your small valuables dry.
- 3. Our favourite is the Kanulock lockable tie-downs. Great for peace of mind if you are going on holidays or just like to stop off for coffee or shopping after your paddle. Available in 4 sizes to suit everything from a surfboard to a big canoe these are without doubt our most practical 'must have' item.
- 5. Motorise your kayak! Railblaza has released a Universal Kayak Motor Mount that is easy to attach to most kayaks or sit-on-tops. This Motor Bracket will fit almost all models of kayak and is the simplest way to attach a trolling motor to your Kayak.
- 6. For simple things that gives you peace of mind but cost little you can't go past a glasses strap and a paddle leash. The Hides 3-in-one Glasses Strap by H2O is a neoprene strap that not only protects your glasses and also keeps them afloat if they come off when kayaking. A Paddle Leash keeps your paddle safely attached to your kayak whether you are fishing, taking photos or even capsizing.
- 7. Lifejackets (or PFDs) might be boring but thay are are also a 'MUST' for the whole family. Australis carries a wide range of general lifejackets for all sizes, as well as lifejackets designed for a specific purpose: Crewsaver Inflatable (less bulky and cooler in summer), Raider L100 (for babies & toddlers), Ultra Rewa (for Women), Ocean Racer (soft polyester - ideal for shirt-free paddling & SUPs). Don't spoil this holiday season by neglecting your family's safety - you are all worth it!
- 8. The Rack & Roll Universal Loading System makes it possible for just one person to load heavy, awkward objects onto the roof of their vehicle. Adapted to suit most roof rack brands and models and great for double kayaks or canoes, there is also an optional support leg available for very heavy loads. Still unconvinced this would make your life easier? Watch this video to see how easy it is to load a heavy kayak.
- 9. A Thule Lockable Paddle Carrier is also a great gift for the security-minded paddler. Designed to make carrying paddles, oars or masts very simple, this multi-purpose carrier fits Thule Aerobar, Rhino Sportz, Rola roof racks.
- 10. Be safe in the sun with Fingerless Gloves and a Kalahari Hat by Uveto or some Mirage shoes to protect your feet from unseen nasties along the shore. Prefer to play at night? Have fun with the new LED Mini glowstick from Zen - with replaceable batteries you can have endless hours of colourful bright night-time visibility. Have a safe and Happy Christmas, everyone!