Australis has some Christmas gift ideas to help you with those last minute buys - some new, some that are always popular, some unusual, some mundane. Gifts for family and friends or treat youself.
- 1. Lifejackets (or PFDs): New laws require everyone on a kayak to wear one! For the safety of your family (and to avoid a hefty fine) visit Australis and check out the wide range of general lifejackets for all sizes, as well as lifejackets designed for a specific purpose: Crewsaver Inflatable (less bulky and cooler in summer), Raider L100 (for babies & toddlers), Ultra Rewa (for Women), Ocean Racer (soft polyester - ideal for shirt-free paddling on surf skis & SUPs). A new addition is the inflatable PFD for fishermen - with those extra pockets
- 2. Navilight 360° 2NM: Battery operated portable navigation lights. Super bright 16 LED light that is waterproof to 20 metres, floats light facing up, without the magnet-bracket attached and attaches almost anywhere through its double magnetic mounting system (even on your hat)
- 3. Dry bags - Large or small: for those who like to be on the water but still want technology at their fingertips the Floating Phone Case allows you to use your phone while keeping it safe and for larger items there are 10, 15 and 20 litre dry bags.
- 4. Kanulock Lockable Tie-downs: Great for peace of mind if you are going on holidays or just like to stop off for coffee or shopping after your paddle. Available in 4 sizes to suit everything from a surfboard to a big canoe these are without doubt our most practical 'must have' item. One of ur faourites, year after year.
- 5. For simple things that gives you peace of mind but cost little: A Paddle Rope or Paddle Leash keeps your paddle safely attached to your kayak whether you are fishing, taking photos or even capsizing. Prefer to play at night? Have fun with the new LED Mini glowstick from Zen - with replaceable batteries you can have endless hours of colourful bright night-time visibility.
- 6. Be safe in the sun: Fingerless Gloves and a Kalahari Hat by Uveto or some Mirage shoes to protect your feet from unseen nasties along the shore.